cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kartik2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Error While Connecting to Azure Storage Connector

I want to connect to azure blob storage ,after the getting the authentication key from azure ,also getting our account info as well,when i clicked on "Test Conection" ,I got the below error.
Note:- The account in which I was configuring the connection in qlik is different from the azure account from which I want the data from.

The azure account holder has all the necessary permissions for that storage container.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rohit-Prakash
Employee
Employee

@Kartik2 When you authenticate the Azure Storage Web Storage Provider Connector, access to content is granted based on the Identity and Access Management (IAM) configuration on Microsoft Azure. For guidance on determining an appropriate policy, including the ability to scope to specific files/permissions such as control over read/write see Assign an Azure role for access to blob data. Any user granted Can edit/Can edit data in apps/Can consume data (Shared spaces) or Can consume data/Can manage (Managed spaces) roles to the Azure Storage data connection's space can view files in the configured Azure container as defined by the IAM user's policy.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Rohit-Prakash
Employee
Employee

@Kartik2 You must set an encryption key if you're using a connector with Qlik Sense Desktop or Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows.: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Content/Connectors_Home/Setting-encryption-key.htm

Azure Storage: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Web_Storage_Provider_Connectors_help/Content/Conne... 

Kartik2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes @Rohit-Prakash ,Done that!

Rohit-Prakash
Employee
Employee

@Kartik2 Can you please confirm which version you are using currently?
Ensure that the credentials you are using to connect from Qlik to Azure are correct. This includes any usernames, passwords, or authentication tokens required for the connection.

Kartik2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Does the user using Qlik sense and the user of azure account has to be the same?

Rohit-Prakash
Employee
Employee

@Kartik2 No, the user using Qlik Sense and the user of the Azure account do not necessarily have to be the same person. In many cases, different individuals or teams may be responsible for managing and using Qlik Sense for data analysis and accessing Azure services for data storage, processing, or other purposes.

However, it's essential to ensure that the user account being used in Qlik Sense has the appropriate permissions and access rights configured within Azure to interact with the required Azure resources.
You test the connection with the same user.

Azure Storage supports the below versions.

• Qlik Sense Business
  • Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS (as of v0.69)
  • Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows (as of v4.18.0 / May 2022)
  • Qlik Sense Desktop (as of v4.18.0 / May 2022)
Kartik2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks @Rohit-Prakash we'll do the needful

Kartik2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Rohit-Prakash Which means the user who is configuring the connection in qlik ,should have a azure account as well, and that azure account should have necessary access roles/permissions?

Rohit-Prakash
Employee
Employee

@Kartik2 When you authenticate the Azure Storage Web Storage Provider Connector, access to content is granted based on the Identity and Access Management (IAM) configuration on Microsoft Azure. For guidance on determining an appropriate policy, including the ability to scope to specific files/permissions such as control over read/write see Assign an Azure role for access to blob data. Any user granted Can edit/Can edit data in apps/Can consume data (Shared spaces) or Can consume data/Can manage (Managed spaces) roles to the Azure Storage data connection's space can view files in the configured Azure container as defined by the IAM user's policy.

Kartik2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Rohit-Prakash I'm using suppose 'X' account to authenticate into the azure portal ,then when i paste the verifying code and test the connection, I get an error that "This request is not authorized to perform this operation using this permission" ,even though 'X' has been assigned 'Storage Blob Contributor' role for that storage account.
Are any other roles also required to be assigned?