Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wodge
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Chronological Date Sorting in Table

Hi !

I was hoping to find out what would be the way to filter  the dates in a table so that they are showing properly side by side, i.e. 

1-Jun, 2-Jun, 3-Jun, 4-Jun, 5-Jun, 6-Jun, 7-Jun and so on, but at the moment, my data looks like the below:

Wodge_2-1687338416813.png

Please let me know if any other details are necessary, but I thought that it may just be a simple expression I am missing ?

At the moment, I am using an auto-calendar similar to this:  https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-create-on-your-own-an-Autocalendar-De... , the field applied to the table is as such: 

Day(Floor($1)) &'-' & Month($1) AS [DayMonth] Tagged ('$day' ,'$month', '$cyclic')

No matter what type of sorting I have tried, it always comes out "wrong", for the time being, I use this in a filter pane on the whole sheet , which lets me select one month and then everything looks fine, but I was hoping to be able to select several months at a time and have them show data in chronological order of the dates as opposed to the above image.

Dual(Year($1)&'-'&Month($1), monthstart($1)) AS [YearMonth] Tagged ('$axis', '$yearmonth', '$qualified')

I am aware that the data in the image is blank, but it is a larger table which scrolls down which has entries further below.

Many Thanks !

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like below

Dual(Day(Floor($1)) &'-' & Month($1), Floor($1)) AS [DayMonth]

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like below

Dual(Day(Floor($1)) &'-' & Month($1), Floor($1)) AS [DayMonth]

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Wodge
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Mayil, 

That worked, Thank you !

Could you point me by any chance to a resource where I can learn more about how to construct these expressions properly?

I do not quite understand the Dual , floor and the $1 bits.

Many Thanks!