Description: When creating templates for generating Word reports, you might sometimes want to present information with the formatting as it is in QlikView. This is the default setting. Other times you might want to apply formatting using the tools that Word provides. We are going to deselect Keep Source Formats for the table as a whole and then apply Word provided formatting. Table formatting using tools provided by Word work only if you save your template in .docx format and not if your template is saved in .doc format. Save Word templates in .doc format only if necessary for backward compatibility.
Allow Application of Word Formatting for Whole Chart
After you have added a QlikView object as a table:
- Click on the table node
- Uncheck the Keep Source Formats box and click on OK at the bottom of the Properties dialog window. If you don't find the Properties windows, right click on the table node and select Properties...
- Click on the Toolbar button.
Wrap Text Feature
Checking Wrap Text causes NPrinting to automatically create two lines if the cell is too small. This works only with Keep Source Formats unchecked. Wrap Text is a Table property that affects all columns of the table.
Resulting Unformatted Table
Not very nice. Now, to apply Word formatting.
Apply Word Formatting to Entire Table
- Select the Insert tab on the toolbar
- Select Table
- Select the uppermost left cell to insert a 1x1 Table into the template
Add Your Table to the Template
- Expand the CH184 - Top 25 Products node by clicking on the '+' to its left if necessary
- You can select multiple values by keeping CTRL or SHIFT pressed during the columns selection
- "Drag and drop" them into the template. This will create all tags and insert them into a horizontal series of cells.
Set Table to AutoFit Columns
- Select the Layout tab in the Table Tools section of the toolbar
- Click on AutoFit in the Cell Size section of the toolbar
- Select AutoFit Contents
Apply Table Style
- Select the Design tab in the Table Tools section of the toolbar
- Select a general style in the Table Styles section of the toolbar
Prepare to Preview
- Click on Save As and save the template