Login screen for Qlik Sense

I had a consultant working with us who wanted to login to Qlik Sense with a test user ID. For some reason, he couldn't run the browser as a different user so we had to figure out a way to make the login window visible. I couldn't find this info online, but Qlik consultants helped us and it was so easy-breezy that I wanted to share.

So you need to create a new virtual proxy with form authentication. If you know what that means, you can stop reading here, there's nothing else to it. Full documentation, as always, is here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.1/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/create-virtual-proxy.htm

But let's go in steps, that's how I figured out what's needed:

1. Create new virtual proxy

- Locate Virtual proxies in QMC

+ Create New

2. Identification

- Description is just for QMC

- prefix is what you'll see in URL, keep it short! I used "login"

- Session cookie header - just use any unique value.

3. Authentication

- No anonymous user

- Ticket authentication

- Windows authentication pattern: Form

Qlik will recognise the keyword Form and automatically give the login window to anyone using this VP

4. Load balancing

- add some node. You'll have at least central there.

That's it for config. Now hit Apply. This might log some people out so do it at a service break time.

5. Add VP to your Proxy

- in QMC, go to Proxies and edit the active one (Central if you have not created custom)

- in Associated Items > Virtual proxies, add the Virtual proxy you created before.