Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jens_Argentzell
Employee
Employee

[deprecated] QlikView 11 Hardware Benchmarking Package

This package is deprecated and will be no longer maintained.

This download contains a document that outlines all required information on how to access/execute/analyze/submit results for the QlikView Hardware Benchmarking test package. The goal with the QV HW Benchmarking package is to have a unified QlikView specific Hardware test that can be executed for various environments with the aim to establish a matrix for comparisons on how different servers and configurations perform with QlikView. The document contains information on how to download additional files needed and where to upload the results. This package only supports QlikView 11.

The QV Hardware benchmarking package consists of two parts, stand-alone QV desktop based and a QlikView Server based Benchmark tests, focusing different areas of hardware performance. QV documents and scripted tests are part of the Benchmarking package.

This package can be used for analytics on your own to perform comparisons of performance for different hardware configurations, but more important is that any test results are provided to the Scalability Center, making sure that your results becomes part of the general summary to improve coverage and statistical accuracy of the results.

This package is deprecated and will be no longer maintained.

27 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Super stuff! Thanks for sharing.

hanselalf
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Jens,

graet stuff, but for me the download is not working. Something wrong here?

FTP Account Details

- FTP (Site requires secure SSL connection): ftpeu.qliktech.com

- User: SC-files

- Password: Files4Benchmarking

PawelF
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Are you using FTP client or trying to access FTP site from web browser?

I will update documentation for this. For web browser access you should be able to use following address:

https://ftpeu.qliktech.com/thinclient/

The user name and password is correct.

If you're using FTP client, can you tell me which one? I will try to check it.

Regards

Scalability Center

hanselalf
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Pawel,

thank you for your support. It was an internal network problem. Now it's working an I'm using ftp client filezilla.

Best regards

Not applicable

Hi, this is an excellent idea.  I was able to run the stand alone desktop tests without any problems, however I am unable to open the SC_BenchmarkApp1.qvw on the QVS (access point or via open in server).  I get the following error:

"Access denied! The server (XXX) is currently out of SESSION CALs. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator."

I can open the document fine on the desktop - just not on the QVS.  I can open all other documents fine on the access point (including other ones downloaded from the demo site), so it appears to be something specific to this QV Application (there are plenty of free CALS on the server).

The version I have is "SC_BenchmarkApp1_5_scripts_QV11_20120528". 

If you have any ideas, I'm all ears. 

Thanks

UPDATE:  I have tried loading the version 10 application up on one of our current development servers (which I know is configured correctly and has CAL's), and am getting the same issue.   So this appears to be affecting both version 10 and version 11 of  the SC_BenchmarkApp1.qvw.

PawelF
Employee
Employee

Hi Graeme,

Sorry for late reply.

"Access denied! The server (QVS) is currently out of SESSION and USAGE CALs. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator!" - is usually connected with wrongly configure QVS. In order to run 'Part 2 - QlikView Server Benchmark' successfully there is need for changing QVS configuration.

In order to make package independent on number of available CALs we used document embedded license to make sure that when test is run shortage of CALs will not be experienced. Using embedded license requires some setup on document level in order to work properly.

Please refer to documentation in this case especially to part: '1.8 QlikView Server and Web Server settings in QMC'.

We also advise to temporarily remove other mounted folders. Accessing or auto load of other documents will affect the benchmarking results.

If you have any questions regarding Benchmarking package do not hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,

Scalability Center

Not applicable

Hi Pawal,

Thanks for the information.  I have never used the embedded licenses before (we predominantly use session CAL's here).  Thanks for the pointer - I'll take a look into it.

Regards,

Graeme

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pawel, what exact FTP protocol and port should I use? I tried SFTP, FTPS and FTP with SSL/TSL- nothing works and I get error "cannot establish connection to host 188.65.156.40

PawelF
Employee
Employee

Hi Borys,

It should work with FTP with SSL. Have you also tried the thinclient via web interface?