Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

cannot open my qvw file after reload

Hi Qlikview Community,

unfortunately my qvw file crashes when i want to open the file. Is there a way to open files with no records?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prieper
Master II
Master II

Within the Start-page in the "Recently Opened Documents" you may select your file, rightclick and choose to open without data. Thus you may recover a crashed application.

If no longer available there, you may rename the crashed application, create a dummy application under the initial name, delete it and rename the crashed application back.

HTH
Peter

View solution in original post

8 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Within the Start-page in the "Recently Opened Documents" you may select your file, rightclick and choose to open without data. Thus you may recover a crashed application.

If no longer available there, you may rename the crashed application, create a dummy application under the initial name, delete it and rename the crashed application back.

HTH
Peter

mvaugusto
Creator
Creator

This save me

Thanks!!

Not applicable
Author

I have tried both of these methods and I'm still not able to open the application ? any other suggestions ?

mvaugusto
Creator
Creator

Post here the windows message ?

Not applicable
Author

I was in the process of debugging an expression formula when the app crashed.  Now when I open that document the message is "The document Y:\.. Failed to load.  Followed by a second message "failed to open document".

mvaugusto
Creator
Creator

I lost some qvw when windows showed messages like this

I think the file is corrupt.

Have you a backup?

I don't know how recover this file

Not applicable
Author

my back up is over a week old, so I do have one but I've lost a weeks work.  thanks for taking the time to reply I'll keep working on my back up.

Not applicable
Author