Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Fit Zoom To window Extension (Auto resize of the dashboard according to screen)

Hi everyone.. I have created few apps but none of the dashboard is fitting to the screen size of the desktop when i upload it onto the server, even the dashboard is not fitting to the desktop screen in webview mode.

than i came across the extension concepts as i cant change the design of the dashboards now.

so please if you could help me with this extension than i can deploy all the apps developed so far onto the server. otherwise i have to redisgn every dashboard..

so, i found zoomtofit qar file on the community which works for auto adjust the size of the dashboard

https://community.qlik.com/thread/58941http://

I have installed fitzoomtowindow extension and I am able to see that in Active Extensions(Document Properties-->extensions-->Active Extensions)ZTF ss.PNG

but it is not working on my app. I mean, when i try to see the app in webview mode on QV desktop, I am unable to see  any difference,, still my dashboard is not in sync with the screen.. could you please what are the other possible mistakes that i have done..

and i thinking of  one possible reason is, i am unable to see extension zoomtofit extension in extension object when i see in New sheet object window in webview mode.. i did refresh it but i cant solve my problem..

ZTF ss2.PNG

i hope, i am clear with my problem, please ask me, if i need to explain anymore

Thanks

Ganesh

35 Replies
vikasmahajan

Hi,

Trigger the below macro in

Sub FitZoomToWindow 

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle 

ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.FItZoomToWindow 

End Sub 

Settings -> Document Properties -> Triggers -> On open -> Add Action -> Add -> External -> Run Macro -> Give Macro Name (FitZoomToWindow)

Before that paste the above macro code in the Edit Module window (Ctrl + M).

For some other sample macros check the link below

Useful Qlikview Macros

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Document extensions are not included into that list "Extension Objects", they are added to the document using Document Properties.

Please use your browser debugger (usually F12) if the console is reporting any errors.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Thanks for the reply. first i used this macro only before trying extension but it didnt work for me i dont know why..

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever

Thanks for the reply.. so i dont need to add this extension into the extension objects.. is it??

In webview mode, how can we use f12 ??

Regards

ganesh

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

I don´t think know how use F12 using webview.

When I need to debug a extension I publish to a server, and point my browser to Access Point

Not applicable
Author

so, if i have to upload onto the server, I have to copy the contents of qar file manually it seems.

but i couldnt find Extensions folder in my server, should i create a folder with name Extensions and  Document and objects folder manually?/

could you help me with this??

Not applicable
Author

Hi clever,

I have uploaded the file onto the server and also copied the contents of extension by creating a folder at the location

• C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document

and it still didnt work for me, so i did browser debugging, in the console i am getting this error.. could you tell me how to fix it

'webkitURL' is deprecated. Please use 'URL' instead.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi vikas, could you please tell me, how to make this macro work, so that i dont need to work on extension its very complicated,, could you please help me with this

Thanks

Ganesh              

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You have to make a decision, you can´t have both

If you gonna use IE Plugin you have to use macros

If you gonna use Webview/Ajax you have to use extension