Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Qlikview Server

Hello,

I am new to deploying. So, now i want to create one test email from QMC.

PFA for Reference.

- Anil Chowdary

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
19 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

It's looking like ok.

But, I am getting error like below

The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. ns4sm1331919pab

For Reference, You can see the attachment which i follow the same in this DOC.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think QlikView Management Service supports TLS for encrypting email traffic. That rules out quite a lot of service providers these days. Your only options are to select another email provider (that uses SSL or no encryption) or to install your own email server.

Best,

Peter

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Peter,

Guide me for that second option.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Can't help you with that as I'm not into that sort of thing. Maybe the first option is better/easier for you.

Best,

Peter

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Peter,

Thanks, How to check the TLS in my server. In fact, This server license is only for SBE. I don;t have access the Publisher License. With out publisher we can do that...

- Anil

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It has nothing to do with your version of QlikView server or whether you have a Publisher license or not. TLS is a communication protocol that provides better security than all versions of SSL. Unfortunately, in email communications TLS cannot be used as a container like SSL because the emailclient & server initiate a TLS communication by themselves (from within an SMTP session) Which means that QlikView Management Service has to natively speak TLS to make this work. And I don't think that's the case.

Maybe there is a free email forwarder available that is TLS-capable and can be installed on a Windows server. Search the net. You may be lucky.

Peter

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Peter,

Yes you are correct. But, I need to test at least one Email. Please check on your Machine and let me know if you got the success sent the Mail.

- Anil

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Found a free Email-relay application that supports TLS: E-MailRelay -- SMTP proxy and store-and-forward MTA

jpbartolomeo
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Anil:

Good afternoon,

Could you solve this problem? I have the same problem.

Regards,

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

This is helping but not 100%

Capture.PNG