Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fheidenstecker
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Sense 3.0 Desktop not working

Hi there,

I was excited to see Sense 3.0.

I wanted to give it a try right away, so I downloaded and installed it.

I Updated my prior version, but it is not starting. I also tried to completly uninstall and reinstalled it, but no luck either.

I am running Windows 10.

Anybody experiencing the same Problem? Event log shows me an Error 300..

Sad it does not work,

Fabian

50 Replies
thomduvi83
Partner - Contributor III

Thanks Simon !

It works for me also after that change.

Thomas

Not applicable

Hi Simon,

There is no services.conf file at your mentioned path. Can you please tell me why this file is missing in my system , or can provide me this file ?

fheidenstecker
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It stoped working again from one day to another 😞

I really like some of the new features but i am not going to use 3.0 in a customer project, as it seems highly unstable to me.....

paulyeo11
Master
Master

Many people here already working after follow Kumar solution by run the conf file . So you should try .

Sent from my iPhone

1000qlik

Thank you Simon !

Adjusting the service.conf file works for me too.

Not applicable

Hi Simon,

I found that file and I think it is working fine.

My point here is , Can you please explain this use of service.config file. As I want to know what makes you to find this solution with the help of this file. What other we can do with the help of this file. 

Not applicable

Hi Simon,

Your above solution doesn't work for my machine. I have change the Log path as you stated but Qlik Sense 3.0 doesn't work without Network connectivity(Network Adapter in active stage).

jonbmorrison
Contributor III
Contributor III

I haven't tried this solution (yet) but was told today (by Qlik staff)  that Sense 3.0 pings out to the web before starting.  There may be a patch to change this shortly.

I, twice, tried to run Desktop without internet access - once I was on wifi but didn't have internet, the other time no wifi either.   Same error message each time.

Immediately after getting internet access, Desktop started right away.

This right after the Qlik presenter touted the ability of users to use Desktop in a disconnected mode when away from an active internet connection... that resulted in some quick research and the determination that this is a 'known bug' and is being worked on

Not applicable

I was having a similar problem.  The browser wasn't opening, the server wasn't starting.  I didn't have any log files in my Users / Documents folder.

I ended up resolving it by going into the Qlik installation folder and setting QlikSense.exe to compatibility mode for Windows 7 (I am running 10) and run as administrator.

Not applicable

Worked for me. Thanks!