Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

AppName?

Hi,

I want to include my appname in the script as a variable.

Like this: My app name is Client 1 or Client 2.

And I want to check in the script which app its is.

If it is Client 1 the script should load other parts of the same database then if it is Client 2.

I know about Section Access, but this doesn't resolve my problem, because my app is too big. So it gets slow. I just want the possibility to publish the same app a few times with different names and apply rules with that names.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Isabelle

18 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Isabelle,

Sorry for the writing mistake at last letter ,yes it's a wonderful name.

Nkw you just need to do this thing once , you just need to make two apps client 1 and cleint2 , see you know only there are two Apps but user will see which app they need , simple . Both app will have their own reload task . Own security rules . Why do you think you need to do every time , see first app has condition load for client 1 so it will never load for client 2 . See you can't ignore any data no matter it is for client 1 or client 2 because you need some historic data for comparison like last one year .

Please try to do it or let me know if I am not understood

ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

The problem is not the viewing part of the data, the section access works fine for that. The problem is that I have 300 million row and a dataset of 1 GB, while 1 client only needs to see 30 million rows, and his own data will be 100 MB. I want to throw away the data the client doesn't need to see, so my app will become faster (I assume) because there is less data in the app.

So I need a solution which will speed up my app, without too much handling. Will your solution do that?

Not applicable

Hi Isabelle,

If you donot want to do anything on application level , YOu may create two apps Client1 and Client2 app and request your data base administrator for design two views and then you may use them, Isabella Once you load data in to the app no matter you use section access or whatever it will be always there and yes it consume your app efficiency , better way is use where condition in both of the app and use security rule .

tracysmart
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Isabelle

Have you thought of using Publisher to Loop and Reduce your single application into multiple applications per client?

I am assuming you may not have it though as you haven't mentioned this in your previous posts?

Tracy

ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

The Publisher? Is that where you can make presentations? Or is it something else?

tracysmart
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

it is a licensed component of Qlikview Server. If you have purchased this licence within your organisation, it allows you to schedule the reload of a single application but divide it up into multiple documents based on certain criteria within it. Its called Loop and Reduce and would allow you to create multiple smaller applications for your clients that contained only their own data.

Tracy

Not applicable

Hi Isabelle,

Publisher works with Qlik View not with Qlik Sense , Yes Tracy is right , It can solve your problem but I donot think it works with Qlik Sense

ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I will look into that. Thanks for the advice!

We integrated the app objects in a website, do know if that works with the publisher?

tracysmart
Creator II
Creator II

I have just realized that you are using Qlik Sense and I am not entirely sure if Loop and Reduce is in that product yet.

The architecture is different to QlikView, apologies for confusing you.

Tracy