Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scheduling according to the time(hours) selecting from the inputbox

Hi,

I am using Qlikview personal edition.

Can any one help me in this.

I have the Qlikview file and it contains data that is comming from the database and i implement Incremental load also.

I have the inputbox it contains time in hours.according to the selection of any of that hours the data must be refreshed that means the incremental load should be done according to that inputbox times.

Capture.PNGit contains Hours like 4,8,12,16,24.

if you want any details regarding this i will explain.

Is it possible to do?

Please reply me........

Thanks....

9 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

As per my knowledge its not possible to schedule any qlikview documents without qlikview server.

If you want to have incremental load you have to manually do the reload action.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks for your Reply

ok fine,

Can you send the procedure to do how in server that satisfies my requirement in previous post.

Thanks.......

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can not use servere functionality without proper license.

Server is not freely available.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Although it's not an alternative to QlikView Server, because it adds more functionality and control on the reload process, you can use the Scheduled Tasks in Windows and use a command line batch file (.bat) to reload a document, without having the Server.

Using the following single line in an empty text file (later renamed to .bat) will do the reload.

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /r "C:\QlikViewFiles\File.qvw"

Now that you have a .bat file, you can schedule the load in the Windows button, Accessories, System Tools, Task Scheduler.

If you want to pass a variable on to the document, you can do that as follows

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /vVariableName=Value /r "C:\QlikViewFiles\File.qvw"

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

hi Miguel,

Thanks for your post.

I have created one bat file. Now how should i run that bat file from the windows schedular?

Can you explain me the process clearly..

and for the variable passing i wrote like this, check wether it is correct or not.

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" / vRefresh /r "D:\kumar\RTQ\Qlikview Files\FiltersFinal -Copy.qvw

Thanks.....

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

To get to the Windows Task Scheduler, go to Windows button (as I mentioned above), and in your program list, click on the Accesories folder, System Tools folder, and there you have the Task Scheduler. Create a new task, set it to trigger every four hours, once a day or whatever, and use the BAT file as action.

In regards to variables, say you have a variable in your script named vRefresh and you want to pass "1" as value for that variable, then the bat file should contain the following line

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /vvRefresh=1 /r "D:\kumar\RTQ\Qlikview Files\FiltersFinal-Copy.qvw"

You can find the complete list of paramters to use in the command line in the Reference Manual. Quotes as showed above are needed.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I followed your steps but it is not reloading the QVW file when Scheduled for particular time.

1.) Where the .bat file should place in my system.

Pls see the image attachements what i had done in SchedulerTask.

If any modify should done in my process, pls reply me.

Thanks

venkat

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Is the system double quoting the program name? Is the drive 😧 accesible by your user? Give a try removing those quotes. Your file must be anywhere in the computer (or network) provided this location is available to the user running the task.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Venkat,

NPrinting allows you to schedule QlikView documents reload in QlikView personal edition.  You can also design and generate reports and schedule the distribution of reports filtered with user specific filters.  No .bat files or macros to develop and maintain.

Download the full featured free trial here: http://www.nprinting.com/free-trial/

Best

The NPrinting Team