Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

exclude chart from filter?

Hello,

I have two charts which are fetching data from the same table. With one chart, I am selecting only one week, while with the other chart, i am selecting all weeks. There are some other filters that are same to both charts.

Now how can i make them both so that when i select the week filter, only one chart is effected, while with other filters, both chart should be effected

Arif

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try

sum({<Item Confirmation = {"False"},Date1=>}Values)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Either detach the chart before making the selections or use Set Analysis in the chart expression(s).

Search the Help file for further info.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Can you give a short example of how to use set analysis for this purpose?

Arif

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Here is an example.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. It is working. Now in the attached example, if I want both tables to be effected by the invoice id filter, then how can i change this expression. Currently, the table which says, set analysis, is not effected by date, which is exactly what i want...but it is also not being effected by invoice id, but i want it to be effected by invoice id filter. only the date should be excluded. how can i change it then?

Arif

Not applicable
Author

also, you have enter your expression like

Sum ({1}Value). What does this 1 represent here?

Arif

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Checkout this example.

{1} - means show all values - regardless of selections.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks a lot. this is really what i wanted. Actually i am totally new to set analysis and am using it for first time. Now here is one small modification. I have a count like this

sum(if([item confirmation]='False',Items)

and the same expression i want to use using set analysis, and want to excluse the date from filter, as you did in the example, then what will be the expression for set analysis for the above expression.

What i mean to say is how can we add the condition ([item confirmation]='False' to the below set analysis expression

Sum ({$<Date1=>}Value) 

Arif

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try

sum({<Item Confirmation = {"False"},Date1=>}Values)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Perfect. That is what i wanted.

Thanks

Arif