Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Auto Generated or Manual script

Dear Experts,

We got a huge project of Qlik Sense involving around 100s of tables. Now i am confused about starting its data model. Should we keep on creating auto generated scripts making column renames? Or should we manually join these tables writing join scripts?

Regards,

Zahid Rahim

2 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

I think, to answer these questions need knowing the goals and objectives of the project, composition and quality of data, etc.

Regards,

Andrey

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you have 100+ tables - then you need a qlik developer who will write optimised script. Autogenerated scritp is for "dummies"- no offense - and allows people without script knowledge to do their own - simple things.

For such big scope you need someone who will know what to do and how to do it right, therefore answer to your question is one and only one - manual script writing!!

reason for my answer:

Your script will be understandable, structured and easier to maintain, it will execute much faster, right developer will use all know technics to speed it all up and on top of that i am sure that with autogenereted script you will not be able to achieve everything you need in this app.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.