Did you mean: 
mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III

Exclude a Filter from affecting a particular chart

Hello,

I have a chart which has 2 measures as follows:

Measure 1:

if($(Vendor)=2, Count(distinct{<[NetValueinUSD]={"<=$(=$(vInput))"},[TypeOfContracting]={'Non Contracted'}>}[Vendor Name]),

if($(Vendor)=1,Count({<[NetValueinUSD]={"<=$(=$(vInput))"},[TypeOfContracting]={'Non Contracted'}>}[PurchDocument])))

Measure 2:

Sum({<[NetValueinUSD]={"<=$(=$(vInput))"},[TypeOfContracting]={'Non Contracted'}>}[NetValueinUSD])/1000000

Now I have a filter pane which has the field, TypeOfContracting, which has 2 values: Contracted and Non Contracted. If I select Contracted in this filter, my chart values are changing. But as you can see from above, I'm using only measures based on Non Contracted data. So, in short, my chart shouldn't display the data if Contracted is selected in the filter. If this is not possible I'd like to exclude this filter from affecting my chart at all. Can anyone help me fix this? TIA!

stalwar1

16 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try -= 'C' instead of N then you will get what you want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sunny_talwar

I would request you to reconsider marking one of the Kaushik's response as correct or at least as helpful responses because he has been the one helping you out here... I just fine tuned what he gave you. You can always mark my response as helpful .

Best,

Sunny

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

stalwar1‌ thanks but the post which has the correct answer should only be marked as correct because that will help others to get a right answer quickly then going through the entire post.

It doesn't matter if I am helping or you are, what matters is the problem gets a solution.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sunny_talwar

kaushik.solanki‌ I agree with you, but I would still expect to be rewarded for my time and consideration (in this case your time and consideration)

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

stalwar1‌ For me the reward is the correct answer and the learning people get here. Even I am learning from such a wonderful answers from you and other experts.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

sunny_talwar

I am glad I am part of your learning just like you have been part of my learning

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I thank the both of you for helping me out here! Been stuck with this for a while. Glad to learn.