Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ingoniclas
Creator II
Creator II

Loading multiple unstructured tables in a loop with changing header

Hi there,

I want to load a bunch of tables with a loop in QV. These tables don't have the usual structure of a list (see 1st table shown below). In the 1st row they contain as a header among other things month dates which change with every table loaded 😞 But that's not all. The challenge is: Loading all tables with the changing months dates as header, and I only want the columns A, B, C, D, M, and the month dates with the sales in packs as values (see below how I want it to look like).

I have come close to a solution with the ideas of Stefan Wühl mentioned in a similar discussion, but the additional issue here is that I need to load multiple tables with changing month dates as header. Any ideas? Your help is much appreciated.

Original tables look like the green table below (also see xlsx-file attached):

The_issue_loading_unstructured_tables_with_a_loop.JPG

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

ingoniclas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

Many thanks. This is a great post, very interesting thoughts in the script. However, it doesn't help me with loading multiple tables with changing headers 😞 I was very close solving this issue with adapting Stefan Wühl's script , but I didn't manage to adapt the last missing step i.e. adapting the mapping described there in a way that it also works with changing headers while loading multiple tables in a loop...

Basically I only need to know: How can I load certain columns of a table statically, say columns A, B, C, D, M, and additionally columns F, H, J dynamically, i.e. I want F, H, J loaded as e.g. 1,2,3 with the 1st table, then as 4,5,6, with the 2nd table, then as 7,8,9 with the 3rd table etc. Any ideas?