Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can load data from laptop but cannot load data from server

Now this is weird.

I have a .qvw file on the Small Business Edition Server (X) with a OLE DB connection string to a SQL Server (Y).

When I open the qvw file on server X (remote desktop) and press RELOAD, the OLEDB connection fails

When I open the exact same file from the share (X:\file.qvw) from my laptop and reload... it connects and loads the data.

- We've deactivated the firewalls on X and Y, but that had no effect.

- Client 10SP2

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Johan.

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Johan,

I'm probably asking the obvious but is the OLE DB properly configured for the server? Meaning whether they have the same architecture (x64, 32 bits forced) or not, and wheter the OLE DB driver actually exists on the server or not. Besides, if you are using a computer name instead of an IP address, is this address reachable from the server? Does its configure DNS resolve the name?

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miquel for your quick reply.

I tried connecting on ip, OLEDB is installed (both 32 bit as 64 bit), but that seems all okay. I must sy that when I use 'force 32 bit', I get the error: 'unknown command'.

So still the situation is that when I open the qvw from my laptop client and reload, it's okay, but when on the server, reloading the very same qvw, it doesn't connect to the database.

All new suggestions are welcome 🙂

Not applicable
Author

I've installed the latest client on the server (it was older then the client on my laptop) and now I can reload manually.

However reloading in through the scheduled server still fails.

Guess' we have to upgrade the server?