Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter_rtf06
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Right Clic Problem

I upgraded from qlikview 11 to qlikview 12.0.20400.0 SR5 64-bit Edition. Now, in access poit when I right clic, i get a micro menu (see image)...

Can anyone help me with this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pragati_s_malho
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik got back to us and suggested the following:

the error you are seeing is due to the introduction of language support in the Access Point from November 2017. This means that the old links you are using to launch the dashboards are incomplete, since they don't contain the reference to the language. For this reason, the right-clic menus cannot be populated.

The URLs should therefore look like this: https://servername/QVAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=appname&client=Ajax&lang=en-US

If you go through the Access Point, the language section of the URL gets populated automatically according to the user settings, as described here:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Setting_preferred_langua...

So, at this point, you would have three alternatives:

1. always use the Access Point to launch dashboards. This way, the URL will be correct
  2. Manually fix the old links to include the &lang=en-US section

(probably the best option) stop all the QVS nodes and edit the settings.ini under C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer to include

InterfaceLanguage=English

in the [Settings 7] section.
Then restart the services.
This will set English as default for all users that don't come via the Access Point.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Can you share your application or may I know which object or chart in qlikview appears like that?

-Siva

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Try clearing your cache. 

-Rob

pragati_s_malho
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, We are experiencing the same issue, did you find any solution to this?

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

peter_rtf06
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I'm still having the same situation.

peter_rtf06
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Any object.. .even when I clic a blank space.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. Have you found any solution or work around?

One thing I noticed is that it works fine in Chrome but not in IE.

Thank you

pragati_s_malho
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik got back to us and suggested the following:

the error you are seeing is due to the introduction of language support in the Access Point from November 2017. This means that the old links you are using to launch the dashboards are incomplete, since they don't contain the reference to the language. For this reason, the right-clic menus cannot be populated.

The URLs should therefore look like this: https://servername/QVAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=appname&client=Ajax&lang=en-US

If you go through the Access Point, the language section of the URL gets populated automatically according to the user settings, as described here:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Setting_preferred_langua...

So, at this point, you would have three alternatives:

1. always use the Access Point to launch dashboards. This way, the URL will be correct
  2. Manually fix the old links to include the &lang=en-US section

(probably the best option) stop all the QVS nodes and edit the settings.ini under C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer to include

InterfaceLanguage=English

in the [Settings 7] section.
Then restart the services.
This will set English as default for all users that don't come via the Access Point.

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III

This post came in very handy.  After upgrading to from v11 to v12 over the weekend, many users experienced this issue on Monday due to having apps bookmarked in their Favorites (bypassing Access Point).

I should add that for some reason, this also causes the Clear button to disappear.  To test, you can take lang=en-US out of the URL.

Many thanks, Pragati Malhotra