cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Locked field and field trigger

Hi,

here is my problem:

I have a field that is locked with the trigger OnLeaveSheet. In the same time, I want that as soon as I make a selection in the field, the next sheet is automatically opened. I do this with the Field Event Trigger, OnSelect and my field. But the Trigger OnSelect totally delete the effect of the first trigger, that's to say that my field is not locked anymore.

If you have any option. Thanks in advance.

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

you'll need to call the macro in your trigger to get it to run,

also by locking the country field you will only be able to make possible selections further down your hierarchy, not sure what you mean by this, is your app unlocking country when you select further down the hierarchy?

Not applicable
Author

For the use of the macro, that's what i'm doing but for a reason i ignore, the sheet wouldn't activate. Anyway, that's not such a big deal. For the hierarchy, that is working well with your macro, but yes, in my intial problem, it was unlocking the country if i selected something further down in the hierarchy, especially if a city was present in two countries, it would unlock and select both countries.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, it works perfect. I just forgot or wrongly define the variable countryCount.

Thanks a lot Joe.