Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to fix the qvw file?

when i open the qvw file ,it says " the document e:\\xx.qvw load faile"

is there any tools that can fix the qvw file or view the scripts of the qvw

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

if your file is corrupted, the most you can get from it is the script and layout.

This can only be done if just the data part of the file is corrupted. If this is the case, you can try to open it without the data (the values in the data model)

You can use Shyam method or call QV and the .qvw via prompt using the following syntax:

[ path ] Qv.exe documentfile  /nodata

Where path is the path to the QlikView executable

documentfile is the .qvw you want to open (with path) and /nodata is the instruction to open it without the data.

Hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

as long as i concern ,there is no way to fix this problem.

you need to create a new file.

because your file is currupt.

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Hi There,

For opening corrupted documents - from the getting started tab, click on recently opened documents tab . Under this right click on the file you are trying to open. And choose open without data option. This should open the file without any field data/table data/variables but your layout with all sheet objects and are in place.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Shyam

Not applicable
Author

I don't understand what you said

i mean i can't open the qvw file

and is there any way to get the script of the qvw

or fix it better

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

if your file is corrupted, the most you can get from it is the script and layout.

This can only be done if just the data part of the file is corrupted. If this is the case, you can try to open it without the data (the values in the data model)

You can use Shyam method or call QV and the .qvw via prompt using the following syntax:

[ path ] Qv.exe documentfile  /nodata

documentfile is the .qvw you want to open (with path) and /nodata is the instruction to open it without the data.

Hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Dear Erich:

Thank you so much , I fix my file with you method !

2011-11-14

dfrancy

发件人: Erich Shiino

发送时间: 2011-11-12 01:33:22

收件人: austyywl

抄送:

主题: - Re: how to fix the qvw file?

QlikCommunity

Re: how to fix the qvw file?

created by Erich Shiino in Development (QlikView Desktop) - View the full discussion

Hi,

Qv.exe documentfile /nodata

Hope this helps,

Erich

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on QlikCommunity

Start a new discussion in Development (QlikView Desktop) by email or at QlikCommunity

© 1993-2011 QlikTech International AB Copyright & Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Use | Software EULA