Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error: Could not close the SourceDocument. Exception=The currently executing operation was aborted - Error: The task "TEST" failed. Exception - Problem using Input Fields

Can anybody will help me?

The reload process is successful, HOWEVER server fails when trying to write the file qvw

LOG FILE: 

2012-02-09 14:25:08) Information: Reload finished successfully

(2012-02-09 14:25:08) Information: Start saving document

(2012-02-09 14:33:22) Information: Check in document: C:\path\file.qvw

(2012-02-09 14:33:22) Information: Closing the document.

(2012-02-09 14:33:45) Error: Could not close the SourceDocument. Exception=The currently executing operation was aborted.

(2012-02-09 14:33:45) Warning: The QlikView Engine isn't responding to close command, it will be killed (Please ignore logged errors about the kill).

(2012-02-09 14:33:45) Information: Killing the QlikView Engine. ProcessID=3708

(2012-02-09 14:33:45) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=3708

(2012-02-09 14:33:45) Error: The task "TEST" failed. Exception:

(2012-02-09 14:33:45) Error: QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: Could not close the SourceDocument. Exception=The currently executing operation was aborted.

(2012-02-09 14:33:45) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

(2012-02-09 14:33:45) Error: --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

• Versión Qlikview Server: 11  (64 Bits) . 32 GB RAM
  • 7 million records
  • Size file: 40 MB
  • This file uses 8 imputsum required fields.This may be the cause of the problem. Is there a formula to calculate the requirements of the server using imputsum fields?
  • Is there a limit imputsum field for simulations?

I appreciate any help or hint to solve the problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Seamless response from Support:

The case you have indicated is listed as “Working as Designed” and has been closed by the technician working on it: “Since an inputfield can be any value, QlikView cannot compress the data as it usually does and it will always consume alot of memory”.

We'll have to wait for a new Sevice Pack or version of Qlikview...

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sounds to me that the problem is the input fields. And you need to know if its them that causes the problem.

I would REM all input field statements in the script and try to reload without this functionality. If succes then you know what causes the problem.

If the problem is caused by the input fields, i would search in communiy for this.

Henrik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henrik, thanks for your answer.

If we remove the 8 ImputSum, it works fine, but we need to know if you have any formula QlikView, tip or trick to solve this problems Impusum.

With the current size of the server hardware, it only works properly with 2 ImputSum.

Is there any limitation ImputSum fields in a document?

Is there a formula to calculate the required RAM and CPU?

Is it a bug or Bug QlikView and will be repaired?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would contact support for this issue. And maybee make a remote session with them.

I personally don't think its a hardware issue.

Henrik

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I agree, please log it as a support case it is to hard to make conckusions this way.

http://support.qlik.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

I have the same issue. At least the same errors. The only thing is: I do net get these every day. The reload runs every day, and 1 or 2 times a week I get this error, the other days the reload runs without errors.

Could you reply to this post should you get an answer from support?

Regards,

Yves

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for your instructions.

We have contacted the support of Spain, but do not tell us how to fix it.

We will prepare a new server with more RAM, but do not know how much is needed to not knowing the formula based on the type of fields "Imput Field" ...

I have asked for international support to see if they help us.

regards

Not applicable
Author

Seamless response from Support:

The case you have indicated is listed as “Working as Designed” and has been closed by the technician working on it: “Since an inputfield can be any value, QlikView cannot compress the data as it usually does and it will always consume alot of memory”.

We'll have to wait for a new Sevice Pack or version of Qlikview...

shawnqlikfv
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have the same issue with 11 R1 and about to upgrade to 11 R2.  My concern is if I have depedency built in on On Event from Another Task.  If the task that generates this error message despite completed successfully, will qvw engine treats this as an error ?  Will it kick off the other task which depends on the SUCCESSFUL status of the one that generated this error message ?  Thansk in advance.

shawnqlikfv
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have the same issue with 11 R1 and about to upgrade to 11 R2.  My concern is if I have depedency built in on On Event from Another Task.  If the task that generates this error message despite completed successfully, will qvw engine treats this as an error ?  Will it kick off the other task which depends on the SUCCESSFUL status of the one that generated this error message ?  Thansk in advance.