Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gussfish
Creator II
Creator II

Document Admin getting "Membership of local security groups is missing"

Hi All,

I'm trying to get the Document Administrators functionality working under QV10, but my test users is getting the "Access Denied - Membership of local security groups is missing" message.  I have already created a local group "QlikView Document Administrators" and added him to this.  What might I be missing?

Perchance it is relevant, we're using Active Directory, but I can't directly add his AD account to the QEMC-based list of Document Administrators for the target folders; therefore, I've assigned him to another local group and made that group a member of the target folder's Doc Admins list.

Thanks,

Angus.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gussfish
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The final solution was to

1. temporarily configure an AD Directory Service Connector for the directory in which my users are found
  2. add the user to the appropriate Document Administrators list in QEMC
  3. delete the AD DSC, as being no longer needed for this purpose.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Angus,

If those users (or the group) is not in the AD but in the local machine, try to add this local directory in the QEMC, System, Setup, Directory Service Connectors, Local directory, so you can find that group in the Users tab of the QEMC.

Since the group is local, make sure all its members have logged on to that computer where the group is, otherwise membership will not be applied.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

gussfish
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The final solution was to

1. temporarily configure an AD Directory Service Connector for the directory in which my users are found
  2. add the user to the appropriate Document Administrators list in QEMC
  3. delete the AD DSC, as being no longer needed for this purpose.