Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trigger on clear?

Working in QlikView, I realizaed there is no trigger on clear button.. For example if you want to give variable, specific value, on clear, it isn't possbile.. The only way is to create button that will do clear through macro..

Am I right or wrong?

Tnx.

14 Replies
derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Hi all

I've tried using the above example and amended to NMiller's suggestion for QV9 and it doesn't appear to be working for QV10? The macro works fine standalone, just the trigger is not working OnSelect? Has something cahnged again in QV10?

Thanks

Derek

derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry, just tried the change to OnSelect in Rakesh's example and it works fine in QV10. As Vrbcic, it appears to be something else in both our apps that seems to be stopping the trigger from firing? Back to headscratching!

derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Okay, I've isolated the problem. It appears if you set a clear state (on another field not this dummy one obviously) then the trigger doesn't fire on the change of field a. Attached I've modified Rakesh's example qvw to replicate the error.

I can't see anyway around this apart from "simulating" my clear state in the macro i.e. don't set a clear state, but everytime IsClear macro is fired it does my selections in the macro.

Is this a bug? How do you report bugs to Qlikview so they have it on their radar to fix for next release?

Not applicable
Author

Did anyone make an improvement to this?

I would need to run a macro on clear but don't find any trigger that fires when I select clear.

Regards

derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

No, sorry, I've not found any other way of doing this, I've had to not set a clear state in my app and manually simulate the clear state in my Macro in order to get around this.