Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Handle big files ?

Hello Everyone ,

I have a problem with handling a  big qvw file of the size more than 3 Gig. When i try to open it, it makes me wait like 15 to 20 mins . Does it make sense to make such big files for analysis? Is there any thing i can do to reduce the response time.? I have done optimizing also like working with qvd files used also binary loads and minimize the charts in the application... but still the size is big.I have 34  gig ram.

Share your experience guys...

Thanks,

Sal

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What's the spec of the server - that's an awfully long time to open up!?  Also, is your data model efficient - can you post a screenshot here?

Once it finally opens up, what's the performance like?

Jason

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What's the spec of the server - that's an awfully long time to open up!?  Also, is your data model efficient - can you post a screenshot here?

Once it finally opens up, what's the performance like?

Jason

Not applicable
Author

thanks   Jason Michaelides for your reply,, yes you are right i think i should fix my data model ,..i should spend some time fixing it and try it again.

Regards,

Sal

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

No problem.  If you post a screenshot of the model we may be able to offer some advice.

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Sal,

Read through this http://community.qlik.com/thread/18473 to get an idea on big data.

Here is my data:

BigData.jpg

Be care with your data model.

Regards,

Sokkorn

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sal,

If you have what you need please mark a correct answer so the thread appears closed to others.

Thanks,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

the problem was with my data model.Actually i made that application from the scrath again and its working fine.

Regards,

Sal