Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot open Project. "Your installation of Qlikview has exceeded the maximum number......"

I have QlikVew Personal Edition 9.00.7257.6 SR1

I am using .csv files as my data source.

When I try and open my project I get the error message:

"Your installation of Qlikview has exceeded the maximum number of document recoveries allowed for a Personal Edition license. To continue using Qlikview you will need to purchase a full Qlikview license....".

and cannot open my project!

What do I have to do to open my project?

36 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

You might have opened the document through other systems & saved .

You will be having maximum 4 attempts to eexecute those reports.

So although its PE9.0 , you can't share or access this documents from any other systems.

In this case either you can only open document using lincense version.

Bhushan N

Not applicable
Author

It is a new installation.

I created the project once.

I closed the project immediately after saving it.

the next instance I tried to open it I got the error.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I get the same message. This problem has been discussed on this forum. Apparently the free edition of qlikview lets you have four recoveries only. I downloaded one example qvw file from this forum, and since opening that file qlikview randomly told me I had used a recovery option and I had only 'x' numbers of recoveries left. Finally I ended up with the message you are getting.

Ardy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tim TDP ,

if you have new installation & you yourself created application ( & not downloaded ) , then its surprise to see that very next instance you got this message.

Becoz i am still using PE version 9.0 & i can able to create demo for my BD people successfully.

Infact i even , used RDC (Remote desk connection ) to present my things.

You are suppose to get minimum 3-4 attempts , thats waht i believe .

Regards,

Bhushan N

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

All

We've seen this problem when a user has been opening QlikView files from the forums. There was also a problem with tutorials that caused this. See this thread for more detail.

We can help you reset your installation and files. Please use the community messaging to send me (John Trigg) a direct message and I will help you directly.

Regards

John Trigg

Global Product Manager - QlikView Developer

QlikTech Inc

Not applicable
Author

I have encountered this exact same problem. Using the Qlikview PE edition suddenly all my files were unable to load and I get a message my maximum number of recovery attemps has been reached. This also happens in the exact same way as the topic starter, I make a new document, save it and open it straight away, I get the error messages I cannot open it. After updating the qlikview version, de-installing and reinstalling the problem was still there.

Finally i found out the problem is the login name to my windows account. I accidentally logged on to the PC while capslock was active while I usually login with my username in lower caps. I logged off and this time changed the login name back to lower caps and voila I can open all my qlikview files again. Apparently Windows doesn't care if I login with caps or not but some how Qlikview is very "case sensitive" about this.

Weird thing is I reinstalled Qlikview using the uppercase login name. I also tried only having one letter in uppercase and i can reproduce the problem. It is possible the topic starter made the same "mistake" with logging in to Windows.

Not applicable
Author

This is very valuable information. I absolutely think the casing of the username might be a reason to some PE problems. I will investigate this. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

John,

I am having the same issue. I created an important/complicated report over last weekend at home and scheduled a demo for this afternoon.

But after got in office, I had to reboot my laptop. then after restart of my laptop, none of my QV reports work any more. I can not open any of them.

Very frustrated. We are currently evaluating the product, and I really like it a lot, but this issue dragged me down.

Gary Feng

Platts,

surquiza
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a similar problem with Qlikview 9.00.7502.8 SR5. I ve just migrated from my old laptop (with XP) to a new one with windows 7 32 bits. Till today I could open all my files without problems. Today some of the files (not all) started telling me that the number of recoveries was over and I could not open the file. This was after I tried to open a Demo File from the forum, but I did not open it cause I got a warning message.

How can I solve it? I could not find much correlation between the files I could open and those I could not. For instance one file with which I have been working this morning says I can't open it due to exceeded recoveries. Another one, which I used last week, can be opened without problems. But still a different one also worked last week failed.