Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help for Implementing Date Prompt as range between two dates

Normally in Qlikview, when we select two or more dates, the data is flilter for those selected dates. However, I have a scenario, where i need to select two dates from the same field, and i want to filter the data between those two dates and not just for those selected dates. Can someone help me how to resolve this.

Also, can i use the values from filter as variable in my chart expression? normally the data is flitered when we check some fields from filter, and we do not need to specificy those filters in our expression, is there anyway, where we explicitly use the variables from filters in our chart expression

Thanks

Amjad

4 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Amjad.

I created a small sample for you case.

I hope it helps,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich, Thanks for the reply.

I am developing a space growth trend report. I have a date column and i want to allow the user to select two dates from it, on the basis of which i need show the the daily and monthly trend between the selcted two dates.

The data that i need to show is below

Space on the first date selected, space on the second date selected, space diffrence between the two days and number of days between them will allow me to calculate the daily growth, weekly and monthly growth trend.

Since both the dates will be comming from the same column i need to know how to use slected two dates from same column in the expression.

Since i am new to Qlikview i would very much appreciate the assistance to solve my problem.

Best Regards,

Amjad

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I created a sample with variable, so you don't need to make selections. You can just slide the limits of your time interval.This way you don't need to make selections on a field that you would need to handle in all the objects.

Do you prefer to make it work only with selections on a field?

Not applicable
Author

OD:

LOAD

Date('01/01/2011' + RowNo() - 1) AS DataStart,

Date('10/01/2011' + RowNo() - 1) AS DataEnd

AUTOGENERATE 3000;

FILTRO:

LOAD

Date('01/01/2011' + RowNo() - 1) AS Data1

AUTOGENERATE 3000;

Inner Join IntervalMatch (Data1) LOAD