Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show / Hide objects if selections are made in another object

Hi there,

I have two objects, one showing general information, the other one detailed customer remarks about a certain order.

By selecting an Order-number from a listbox the object with general information will hide and the object with customer remarks appears - no problem so far.

Now I added a container box (not sure if it is called container box; I mean an object which contains several objects) with three table charts which show the orders from the last 30, 60 and 90 days. By selecting an order # (or simply one row in this chart) the object with general information shall be hidden and the customer remarks shall appear. How can I do that? Is there some way to hide/show objects on a selection in another object?

When I select one row in the table chart my listbox "order #" only shows the order-number related to my selection but the show/hide expression --> if(GetSelectedCount([AC Results.SAP-Order No.])=0,1,0) does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Max

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whiteline
Master II
Master II

If I understand you right. You select in one field and check for selection another field.

GetSelectedCount() returns only 'green' value count.

Use =not inull(Only([Your field])) if you want just check if there is no more than one possible value (either selected or not).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

The selections are 'in document' not 'in object'.

You're doing it in the right direction.

What are [AC Results.SAP-Order No.] and "order #" ?

Not applicable
Author

i think you can do it only by macro, using

set ContProp=ContainerObj.GetProperties

ContProp.SingleObjectActiveIndex = 1

check att sample file

(try to change managing container object from buttons to variable depend on selections + on any selection trigger

Not applicable
Author

Pari Pari, that will definitely be useful in an other project but does not solve this problem.

I guess I didn't explain it properly:

let's say I have four objects:

1. Listbox "order #" to select orders

2. a container box with three table elements: orders last 30 days, 60 days, 90 days (here we have the order #, customer name, factory & machine in the table)

3. an object with general information (here: customer satisfaction, recommendation rate)

4. a text object which displays customer remarks if the users selects only one specific order #

When I select an order from my listbox "order #" object 3 (from the list above) disappears and the users can see object 4 instead. This is exactly what should happen when I select one row from my tables in the container box. When I do so my listbox "order #" only shows this one order # which belongs to my selected row but object 3 does not disappear.

Unfortunately I can't upload the qvw due to confidential data.

@ whiteline: "order #" is the name of my listbox and [AC.Results ...] is the name of a column in my Excel-file

whiteline
Master II
Master II

If I understand you right. You select in one field and check for selection another field.

GetSelectedCount() returns only 'green' value count.

Use =not inull(Only([Your field])) if you want just check if there is no more than one possible value (either selected or not).

Not applicable
Author

Works perfect, thanks a lot whiteline!!

For my customer remarks object I used --> not isnull(Only([AC Results.SAP-Order No.]))

For the object with general information which shall be visible if there is no selection I used --> isnull(Only([AC Results.SAP-Order No.]))