Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Enable Extensive Audit Logging?

What is the difference between "Enable Audit Logging" and "Enable Extensive Audit Logging"?

Enable Extensive Audit Logging.jpg

I cannot find any difference in the output log file.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Here are the answers from support.

The difference between the different settings: In "Audit logging" there is a threshold of how many values can be selected before it switches to saying "127 values selected". In "Extensive", it lists all the selections made, regardless how many, which CAN make for a HUGE log file.

We did notice a difference between the Audit Logging and Extensive Audit logging. Audit Logging actually shows the individual selections that the user selects, up to a certain number of selections and then will give dialogue of the number of selections and not what is selected. With Extensive Audit Logging it shows all the Selections that the user does past default of normal Audit Logging. I am not sure on the exact numbers or the limitations of it. Though this could cause a performance hit on the server, as it is logging all the selections an user makes and could make some audit logs quite large after awhile.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Certainly, there is not any difference between both. I'd recommend you to check with support@qlik.com just in case this is a known bug or they have a workaround.

Regards.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Does anyone know expected behavior of "Enable Extensive Audit Logging" on please?

dde
Employee
Employee

I can tell you what it's supposed to do although I've not experiemented.

"Extensive" logging is meant to log stuff like sheet change, use of the clear button and so on.  Non-extensive logs selections and so on in listboxes.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dave,

It should work as you mentioned above but both are working similar.Either enable or Disable the "Extensive " logging option , you will get all the details like:- sheet change , selection,clear etc in Audit log fiel.

Not applicable
Author

Here are the answers from support.

The difference between the different settings: In "Audit logging" there is a threshold of how many values can be selected before it switches to saying "127 values selected". In "Extensive", it lists all the selections made, regardless how many, which CAN make for a HUGE log file.

We did notice a difference between the Audit Logging and Extensive Audit logging. Audit Logging actually shows the individual selections that the user selects, up to a certain number of selections and then will give dialogue of the number of selections and not what is selected. With Extensive Audit Logging it shows all the Selections that the user does past default of normal Audit Logging. I am not sure on the exact numbers or the limitations of it. Though this could cause a performance hit on the server, as it is logging all the selections an user makes and could make some audit logs quite large after awhile.

Not applicable
Author

Is anyone able to tell me why I dont have the authority to select the 'Enable Audit Logging' box? We currently have QV11 and am getting the Error:

'A cluster node was added, please enter the control number'

I dont have anywhere to put in a number and when i click 'ok' it disappears and unchecks the box?

lad
Employee
Employee

You need to add the control number on the QlikView Servers tab in the QMC, not on the license page.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

is there a qlikview model that does analysis, that does analysis on what the user does