Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hschultz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Minimize & Maximize functions

Hi All

I was hoping to get some assistance with the way that QV minimizes & maximizes charts.

The attached QVW example helps to explain my issue.

When I double click the Minimized Box 1, it minimizes Box 2 and opens where Box 1 was. The same happens for when I then double click the minimized Box 2.

So here is the question - When i double click Box 3, it Minimizes Box 1 & 2, but it minimizes them over each other.

If Box 1 or 2 is maxed, I want the minimized version to go to where Box 3 was.

Basically, there are 2 positions for minimized. And I want to always see both options available when another is maxed. When the 1 minimizes it must go to the area of the one you just maximized.

Hope I'm explaining this correctly so that it makes sense

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Each object has a minimized position and a maximized position. What you want is a dynamic minimized posititon depending on the position of other objects. That's not possible as far as I know (maybe with mucking about with macros it is). But you can use a container object instead and put the three charts in the container. The container has a menu in which you can select which chart to show.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

Dear Friend Please see the Attachment

I hope it hepls you

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Each object has a minimized position and a maximized position. What you want is a dynamic minimized posititon depending on the position of other objects. That's not possible as far as I know (maybe with mucking about with macros it is). But you can use a container object instead and put the three charts in the container. The container has a menu in which you can select which chart to show.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
hschultz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for the comment RAM G.

I understand the concept, but we do not want to use it in this way.

hschultz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Gysbert

Thank you for the comment. This seems to be the best solution.

Thank you.

Not applicable

I found this answer which works

If You havd 2 + graphs, it ,makes sure that when one is open the others are minimized.

http://community.qlik.com/message/171084#171084