Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mass selection in list box and dynamically filled exclusion list

Hello,

I am QlikView release 10 user/designer. I would like to select multiple product numbers copied from the clipboard and entered as a mass selection, while the list box either allows manual search and activation by picking individual numbers. This is not feasible in case of mass data available. So far I am using the workaround with the search function by activating ctrl+shft+'F' , selecting 'PRODUCTS' and entering a condition of the type "= like 'xyz' or like 'xzy' "aso from an Excel list. How can I allow a user to easily enter a list of products from copied from Excel into the clipboard and paste it into a list box? Else, for some cases we may need an exception table and exclude products that have been marked interactively in order to be excluded from further analysis. The result should either be saved or deleted until next use. So we need both the active dynamic mass selection + the dynamic exlusion of certain product numbers w/o interaction of any upload procedure.

Is this possible already?

Thanks for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Attached is an example (created by rebeccad) that allows you to paste a list of items in a text box to use as selection. You should be able to use the same mechanism for mass exclusion by adding another action to select excluded. The first action selects the items you want to exclude, the second inverses the selection so your list is now excluded.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Attached is an example (created by rebeccad) that allows you to paste a list of items in a text box to use as selection. You should be able to use the same mechanism for mass exclusion by adding another action to select excluded. The first action selects the items you want to exclude, the second inverses the selection so your list is now excluded.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Dear Mr Wassenaar,

thanks a lot, your example is showing exactly the required functionality. Just for my understanding: you are using an input box with predefined values Include;Exclude;No Preference;

These values somehow steer the inclusion or exclusion of the value in the other input box.

Which part in the script is responsible for the functionality? Does the statement include, exclude lead to the selection/deselection of the cariable values already or is there a part in the script that is responsible for this effect?

Thanks for the efforts spent already.

Not applicable
Author

great solution ! and so simple

combined to a list of available selection fields can really be powerful.

just a thing, i think it might be useful to add a replace of chr(10) in case the selection list comes in rows.

thanx.

alan_richmond
Creator
Creator

great solution, do you have a copy of your test.xslx that you can share