Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView plugin for IE and Internet Explorer 10+Windows 8

Hi Community

Does anyone know if there is any compatibility with the QV plugin for IE and Internet Explorer 10 and Windows 8 ?  I am currently using QV 11 SP1 ...

regards

Ian

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ian,

Haven't heard of any specific issues. Windows 8 is not supported at this point though according to the reference manuals so from a technical support standpoint it might be wise to hold off.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ian,

Haven't heard of any specific issues. Windows 8 is not supported at this point though according to the reference manuals so from a technical support standpoint it might be wise to hold off.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonannes ... Windows 8 is a little way off but the team handling the corporate build are investigating what items are not compliant so I will let them know

thanks

Ian

klas_lavenius
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Ian .

We have tried , and the answer is NO it does not work .

Simply gives You a "No Connection " dialog box . That's it.

So we will wait

Rgds

Klas

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

on a Windows 8 Pro (64-bit) with the latest QlikView 11 SR2,

i get a javascript-error, if i click on "new sheet object" in webview-mode:

Windows8 QlikView Problem.PNG

Can anyone commit this behaviour on its Windows 8 system?

thanks,

Josef

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Windows 8 and Server 2012 are NOT SUPPORT at this time. It is on the road map, but there has not been a date set for a release that will support them.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
ljhowell
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello

We are testing Windows 8 and Qlikview.  Qlikview does seem to work with I.E. 10 with the IE plugin.  However, you have to install the plugin via a URL link that is shown on your I.E. 8 screen.  My IT guy was able to provide me the link.  Once I installed the plugin, I ran I.E. 10 again and lauch the AccessPoint and was able to open and view documents.   I am sure Safari in Windows 8 may work as well.

Since Windows 8 is now available for a cheap upgrade price, I am sure lots of Users will now migrate and take advantage of some of the new features of 8.

So in my opion, I think Qliktech needs to put this issue as Top Priority and not wait too long otherwise new Users to Qlikview using Windows 8 may soon find themselves looking for another B.I. product.

Regards

Les

Not applicable
Author

something new over this theme?. I have several days finding answer for my troubles. qlikview 11 don't running in explorer 10 under windows 8. it's a big problem for me.

kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II

I can testify that the following combination does not work:

Windows 7 + Internet Explorer 10 (auto-installed by Microsoft):  The web page displays, but often the tab is blank, with no controls displaying at all.

The following still works:

Windows Server 2008 + Internet Explorer 9

ljhowell
Contributor III
Contributor III

What we found out with I.E. 10 is that the Calendar object does not work.

So we had to create a new calender using "straight tables" and "buttons" to simulate a calendar pop-up. 

That seems to work Ok.

Les