Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Chart - Help...

Hi

I am using QV11 and would love to create a dynamic chart much like the one uploaded by Orca on this site - however I do not understand how the data gets into the chart and why it appears to be a load inline statement.

I am trying to load dimension fields that already are populated in a couple of tables Ive already created - do these need to be in one table for the load inline to work? Do I need to have a Load inline statement?What is the %dimension field doing on the inload inline?

I have managed to show the field names inn two list boxes - one for expressions and one for dimensions - but no corresponding data in the listboxes or populating the chart ~(however the dimension/expression name appears in the chart on selection)

Apologies I am new to Qlkiview,VB and SQL and thanks in advance for your help.

Jo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That example uses a macro to actually re(build) the chart. Did you copy the macro code too? And add the action to OnAnySelect document trigger?

Since you're using QV 11 you have an easier alternative that uses the conditional display option for dimensions and expressions. Attached is an example created by rebeccad.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That example uses a macro to actually re(build) the chart. Did you copy the macro code too? And add the action to OnAnySelect document trigger?

Since you're using QV 11 you have an easier alternative that uses the conditional display option for dimensions and expressions. Attached is an example created by rebeccad.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thankyou for your reply.

I have included the macro and it still doesnt work.

I will try the logic for the attached version in QV11. Do it I have to copy this macro again also? or does this work without a macro?

Thanks

Jo

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I have got this working and its fab!

No macros are required thank god 🙂

The part that was confusing me was the table load of field names for the user to select - I didnt realise these were just text fields that are linked to the dimension/expressions on the actual Graph itself.

Thankyou