Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Opening related URL in table box sheet object

Hi,

Is it possible to open related url from a Table Box Object?

For example:

IdFirst Name
Last Name
1JoeJohnson
2Kobe Bryant
3Dwight Howard
4 TimDuncan
4JasonTerry

If for example I click on "Kobe Bryant", Instead of the default behavior that will show on "Kobe Bryant Row". I want to run an action that opens related url (somewhere like: http://someurl.com?Id=2).

Is it achievable? How to do it? Thanks..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the attached application.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Its not possible with Table Box, but you can achieve this using the Straight Table.

In Expression tab use representation as Link. And use the <URL> in expression.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Do you mean straight table in "Chart Object"?

How to use representation as link in Expression Tab? Thanks..

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the attached application.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

I've tried using the approach that you've sent me, but the straight table gives me: "No Data To Display".

Here is what I do, I have a table that have fields: Name & Address

I make a "chart" sheet object with "straight table" type.

I put the Name in Dimension

and in the expression I put Name & '<url>' & Address

Am I missing anything? Thanks

(Attached is the file)

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

In your attachment you have selected chart type as Bar, so change it to Straight table and it works.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Also noticed that the address is not in proper form.

Meaning you have written address as http://google.com but it should be http://www.google.com

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Already follow your directions, but still can't make it to work, is there anything that I miss? Thanks

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes you missed one setting.

You didnt select Link from Representation in expression tab.

Also noticed one more thing that Martin have two Address associated with it, so at first go only Robbie will work but when you select the Martin and Product as Shorts, the link will work.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks now It works and I understand properly