Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srinivasa1
Creator II
Creator II

sales diffrence calc for month and previous month

Hi,

i have a field year contains 2011,2012,2013 and month filter jan,feb,mar etc

i need to calculate the difference sales between current selected year  month and previous month.(ie)

if i selected year 2011 then  feb month then the result should find difference between jan and feb.....

pls,help me out thanks in advance.

30 Replies
srinivasa1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

dont worry on data Its just exmple of row data diffrance .

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the example.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
srinivasa1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It looks good let me check. iwll get back to you thanks

srinivasa1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks sir i have checked

Same way I need calculate for all the month of year (by default
all the year (2011,2012,2013 if year selected then only for that year all the
month  )can you pls let me know I do that

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dear Ram,

In My example i have create seperate expression for each selection. If you need the different by default for the years, then you will have to create expression for each and then you can use the enable condition to show the relevent exxpression for that year.

There is no other way to do this.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
srinivasa1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks sir let me try.can you pls let me know one think how people will handle month on month diffrance for 3 to 4 years value in qlikview

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

In general scenario, people will always like to see the data for current year at a glance, most users are not interested in looking the data for all years at one shot.

So keeping this in mind i have given you an example where by default it will take the max year and as you select year it will change for that year.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

srinivasa1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for input.my requiremnets for all the year .can set analysis or if condtion also not help in this scenario?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

As far as i know this is not possible with Set Analysis.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check Attachment...is this what you're looking for?