Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exporting in Date Format

I have a chart in which Month is used as dimension. When i export it to Excel i get Month in Date format. I have another chart where two dimensions are used. Product being the primary dimension and Month being Secondary dimension. But when i export this table, month comes in text format. How do i change my month dimension so as to export it in Date format ??

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try this. Go to go to Settings-->Document Properties-->Number selecte Month from the fields and set it to Date.

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Please post the sample app.

HTH

Sushil

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

I presume that the date you are referring to is the same in both charts?  If not, I would look at the load script to ensure this is pulling the date in correctly.

If you have a calculated dimension then this could also alter the format of the field - is your Month dimension calculated or just selected?

What data source are you loading from?  If it is a text based file (eg. CSV) then all dates will be loaded as text and you will need to use the Date# function to convert it.

If you can post up some more details we should be able to help further.

Steve

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/

Not applicable
Author

I have attached the sample file.

Not applicable
Author

I have used same dimension in both the charts and also it is just a selected dimension, not calculated. I have posted a sample file already but i see this message "Currently Being Moderated" in my post.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there - I am seeing the same thing, as you say this is quite strange! If you swap the order of the dimensions around then it also comes through as a date (but gives a strange looking chart).

You could try explicitly forcing to a date when loading from CSV, like this:

Date(Date#(Month_Name,'MMM-YY'),'MMM-YY') as Month_Name,

This is assuming that the format of the date in the CSV file is MMM-YY, adjust the format accordingly if not.

Not sure that this will resolve this though.

When exporting to Excel you can never quite tell what it is going to do.  Copying and pasting values seems to work fine.

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. But i had already tried this option but this doesn't work properly

Regards,

Sumit