Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Files containing Embeded licenses - gives error message

I'm new to QlikView and am reading/going through the exercises in "QlikView 11 for Develoeprs". I'm working through Chapter 7 "Scripting"/"Script Statements" now. But I have run into an issue I don't understand and haven't found anything about doing searches. When I reload the data when it says to in the "Adding the aircraft groups".

I get the following message and the script reload fails:

"This file contains an embedded license. However, since the data model has changed since its creation, the embedded license will be removed if you save the file."

I save the file (both in the script editor and the document/QVW file, then try the reload again and it still gives me the same message and fails. I even closed and reopend the QVW file and it gives me the same message and fails. 

I am using a fully licensed version of QlikView - not the personal edition.

Does anyone have any idea about how to get past this?

TIA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I had the same problem.  I simply just reloaded the Chapter 6 solution from the downloads file.  I commented out the load in the Aircrafts tab and reloaded.  I did get the same message about the embedded license.  Just click OK and then save manually.  This should reset the license.  I was then able to make the changes necessary to the script and move on through the chapter.

Not applicable
Author

Well, it almost seems that you can't modify some things in the QVW files that come with the examples code for "QlikView 11 for Developers" in a licensed version of QlikView 11 SR1.

To get past this issue I ended up following the instructions from this post:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/15787

and exporting the document layout from the QVW that was giving me fits into it's own directory, then created a directory for my "fix" project with a "-prj" in the directory name. I exported all the files from my QVW that was giving me fits into it's directory and then exported the document layout from my last good QVW into the copy of my last good QVW. Then I copied all the files from the directory from the "bad" QVW except the "DocBinary.dat" file into the directory of my "fix" project. Then created a new QVW with the name of my "fix" directory and saved it and then reopend it. It loaded everything (except variable definitions) into my new QVW. I just had to go back and manually copy the varible definitions from the bad QVW to the new one. Now everything is working ok.

So anyone trying to use the QVW's that come with "QlikView 11 for Developers" in a licensed version of QlikView 11 SR1 - beware....

barryharmsen
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi all,

As one of the authors of the book I am very sorry to hear about this.

At the moment I am at the QlikTech partner conference, with a somewhat unstable net connection. Once I get a better connection I will upload a modified version of the chapter 7 solution for you to test. If this works well then I'll make sure that the code bundle gets updated.

Will keep you posted!

Kind regards,

Barry Harmsen

barryharmsen
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi all,

I've uploaded a new version of the chapter 7 solution, which can be downloaded here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6795646/QlikCommunity/Solution_Chapter%207_Airline%20Operations....

Let me know if this works for you, if so then I'll release an updated code bundle.

Kind regards,

Barry Harmsen

Not applicable
Author

I have the same issue with Chapter 6 and 7.

The updated Chapter 7 does not open and I get an error that the file was created on a different personal edition.

I am using the Personal Edition.

barryharmsen
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Just to get the issue clear, does the problem only occur on chapters 6 & 7? Do the other chapters work well on both Personal Edition and licensed copies?

Looking forward to responses from as many of you as possible, so we can resolve the issue and release new files.

Not applicable
Author

My issue was with the Chapter 6 qvw file. The other chapters seemed to work fine. I was working strictly in a licensed vrsion of QlikView - not a personal edition. But I was able to get around the error with the steps I outlined above.

Thanks,

barryharmsen
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Not applicable
Author

Hi Barry

I have a problem in opening my app, it showing error message as "Access denied. The file is created in licensed version but now you using PE edition".

I'm facing this problem right from beginning. Now i'm on 3rd chapter.  

Help me to solve the problem....

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi Shankar