Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Personal Edition

Hi,

In QV Personal Edition, when I open some sample.qvw files it throws an following error. Please help me.

Access Denied.

The file was created by a licensed QV user and since you are using a QV Personal Edition you may not open this file.

Thanks in advance,

Murugavel.

37 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

I have attached the sample file .

Thanks,

Murugavel

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've put it in a text file, that works better.

I'll work on it some more and see if there is a way to work around a 'crash' without needing a recovery attempt next time....

Still, I don't understand how QV should restore a crashed file without using the recovery attempt. Does that mean that my version somehow 'does that wrong'?

Not applicable
Author

is it try that 9.0 doesnt have an analyser profile anymore? just one profile.. what will happend to the analyser license keys?

Not applicable
Author

MAOL wrote:
is it try that 9.0 doesnt have an analyser profile anymore? just one profile.. what will happend to the analyser license keys?<div></div>

Yes that is true. Analyzer licenses are now the same as Developer (or Enterprise) licenses.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

I have an x64 Personal Edition, trying to open Tutorial/Working with QlikView/Tutorial.qvw and I'm getting "Access Denied. The file was created by a licensed QlikView user..." error. I understand what it means, but I'd think that the Tutorial files should've come with no such restrictions. I tried the link from your 06-30-09 reply, but found no Tutorial files there. Pl help. Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

hello.

I need to open the same document in my machine but now the application show me this mensage:

"Your instalation of QlikView exced the maximum number of recovery of allowed documents for one license of Personal Edition."

I use the Personal Edition to create this document.

Some suggestion about this problem ?

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I get the same error using the personal edition, and when I follow the link in the reply, I don't see a place to download the tutorial files. I'm interested in learning Qlikview, but there seem to be a lot of roadblocks in teh way of doing - why would you include files in the personal edition download that cannot be loaded with the personal edition?

Thanks,

kts

Not applicable
Author

i had the same problem and was beginning to doubt this software. first impression not great.

anyway, downloaded tutorial zip files from here:

http://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/free-training

and I'm back in action

direct link:

http://global.qlik.com/uploadedimages/Services/QlikView_Training/English_Tutorial.zip

Not applicable
Author

This appears to work. Thank you battler1.

kts

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason!

I'm using QlikView 10 64bit Personal Edition.

I've tried to open Tutorial.qvw, but it return this error:

The license that is embedded in this document is not valid.

Failed to open document.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Nicola