Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to assign Document CAL to user only to see one application

Hi,

I have 4 qvw files and I need to assign one qvw file to one user as document CAL after completed assigning he is able to see all the four documents in access point and he is logging through single signon . Could anyone help me how to assign document CAL only to see the qvw file which is assigned to him instead of all.

Thanks.

13 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

For qlikview and windows Both the files are different. So if you do any changes in first file, it wont affect the other.

Secondly which file is the final file which you want user to access?

If its Sales_New and if you dont require Sales.Qvw then yes you should remove the license assigned to Sales.Qvw file.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

But I require licences to both Sales.qvw and Sales_new.qvw but different users. In this case will it effect to any other files and Could you please explain when I am trying to create document CAL I am not able to see the users created in Users and Groups in server that's why Imanually added the user name it it right to add manually? and regarding security...

right click on the QuarterSales.Qvw file and go to properties -> Security

under Security tab I am able to see Autenticated Users,SYSTEM,Administrators, Users

which one you want me to select and how I need to give access? as in QuarterSales.qvw file is assigned to one user that user will able to see only that file in access point what I observed is I opened properties of the qvw file no particular user is selected instead Authenticated users are selected. In this case I need to allow user to see only QuarterSales_new.qvw.

Can you please explain.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

OK now let me explain with example.

Say I have two Applications 1. Sales and 2. Inventory.

Now I have 3 Users, Say User1, User2 and User3.

The Authorization is as follows.

User1 -> only Sales

User2 -> only Inventory

User3 -> Both.

Now what I will do first is Assign the Document CAL's to the users and document.

What will happen in this scenario is All users will see all applications, but when they click on the application, the application will open only if that user has proper license.

Now requirement is User should see the application which they are authorized to.

Due to the Windows Security, "Users" group will be included in the security of the file.

What needs to be done is, remove the Users Group from security. And Add the users who are authorized to see the application.

So in our example

1. Sales application will have User1 and User3 included in security Tab.

2. Inventory application will have User2 and User3 included security Tab.

So User1 will see only Sales application, User2 will only Inventory and User3 will see both applications.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

right, but if you rerun your task in Publisher, it would override permissions and you would need to do this again. It would be to have an option to inherit NTFS folder permissions.