Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wizardo
Creator III
Creator III

dynamicUpdate macro does not work! plz need urgent help

hi there,

i wanted to say for starter that the lack of PROPER documentation for the new qv9 dynamic update feature is really puzzling me, especially with all the Hype about it in the new version.

but back to business:)

i tried to mimick the operation of the macro that was written in vba in the sample excel file that comes together with the new CallCenter sample application, and write a similar macro that is run from one QVW document and updates a table in another QVW document.

and i don't seem to figure out why it isn't working.

if i use a button to run the macro then what happens is that it goes into the macro editor window and stops there on the line that says

" m_QvDoc.DynamicUpdateCommand(SQL)"

but it does not give any error

when i run this in the editor with "start debug" then sometimes it stops on the same line with an error:

"object required :m_QvDoc "

as if the opening of the 2nd QVW has failed. but when i click ok it presnts me with the 2nd QVW opend.

in either cases it does not preform the dynamic update into the table of the 2nd QVW

i have attached both files

i have turned on all the security option that prohibit macro from accessing the system and external files so this is not the problem

i probably am missing something really stupid here cause i really don't know why it isn't working

hope one of you can enlighten me.

if anyone knows about any form of documentation about the new feature (other then the callCenter sample or the few short lines in the API guide , I'm sure the entire community will be grateful

thanks

Mansyno Aka wizardo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

I have just activated the parameter 'enable dynamic update' on the second document

dyn-update2.qvw and it works well.

Just try it.

Philippe

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable

One of your attachement is missing

Philippe

wizardo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

oh my

silly me lol

im sorry, iv edited the original post and it now has both files

Not applicable

I have just activated the parameter 'enable dynamic update' on the second document

dyn-update2.qvw and it works well.

Just try it.

Philippe

wizardo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

WOW

i thought it will be somthing tthat i overlooked:)

i knew the paramter existed but since it was under the SERVER tab i thought it doesnt have any effect. and when i tried using the macro to activate it it didnt help

any idea why is it under the server tab only?

thanks a milion

mansyno

Not applicable

It is probably for a licensing issue. This feature can only be used on the server if you buy specific license. That's my explanation.

Have a great day.

Philippe

wizardo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

i dont care about using it on the server

what i was asking (and i know your not the right person to ask) is why is an option that effects a document that is NOT run on a server placed under the options tab for the server.

and more even.....

lets say i have a document that i want to be used both from the server and from a reguler QV.EXE

and i wanted to have seperate setting for each case? EG that it will be allowed to use dinamic update when opend in the server and blocked when using from a regular QV.EXE? would i need 2 copies of the document?:)

but that's just out of curiosity, you don't have to answer that.

thanks anyway

Mansyno

Not applicable

Hello Philippe,

what license is it necesary on server for dynamicupdateCommand?

Not applicable

there is a special license for Dynamic Update on the server. You should ask your Qliktech representative to get information about it.

This is an add on on the Qlikview Server Licence

Not applicable

how could I know if a QlikView server allows dynamic update or not ?

is it written in the LEF ?