Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Schedule the Task Only After the ETL Process

I have to schedule the task for my QVW only after ETL Process is completed.

1)How can i know when it is complete ?

It is not a daily file.We will be getting the files for every period.Is there any other way ?

4 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, there is an option in QMC (managment console) that give the posibility to reload a documen after complete another process

i attached an image to ilustrate you

good luck

Fernando

regowins
Creator II
Creator II

I think you may want to look at the EDX trigger using QlikView Management Service (QMS) API. They basic idea is after the ETL process completes a file is created in a folder. QV will be looking for that file to appear in that folder and will only run the reload after that. This would apply to any time or day.

Using EDX in QlikView 11

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I would also recommend looking into EDX to achieve what you want.

But I think the basic idea is not having QV to look for a file created, instead call the QMS API from the ETL process e.g. using the command line tool attached to above referenced thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you did not mention what ETL tool you use but any ETL tool should be able to call command like tool referenced above. it will only work in windows environment though so if your ETL runs in UNIX, you would have to mess with API or a web service calls - check the EDX documentation.

OR

once your ETL tool is done, you can set a flag in your database table and create a supporting task in QV Publisher (if you company uses it). That task can scan that table and trigger a task to reload your QVW. See help file for Qlikview Server and Supporting tasks.

2014-02-07 12_10_35-QlikView Management Console.jpg