Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

For Each File in Filelist - FTP load is not working?

Dear Community,

I am trying to load the .xlsx file directly from ftp server,

and i would like to use "for each" function to select the latest file in that folder,

but this function is not working, anyone could help?

script:

For each File in filelist ('[ftp://testftpname:Password@ftpaddress.com/test_*.xlsx]');Password@ftpaddress.com/test_*.xlsx]');

PS: It is working fine when i am using load from [ftp://testftpname:Password@ftpaddress.com/test_*.xlsxPassword@ftpaddress.com/test_*.xlsx]

Thanks and best regards,

Chanel

24 Replies
Colin-Albert

To load a series of xlsx files you do not need to use a for..each loop,

Just load the data from abc*.xlsx and QlikView will load and concatenate the data from each file automatically provided the data structure is the same in every spreadsheet.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply. I wan to use "for each" function is because i need to load all file in the folder and get the latest file.

Colin-Albert

Can you set a variable to the filelist expression, and see what the variable contains.

Let vFileList = filelist(...)

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Chanel

If you include a FileName() or FileBaseName() or FileTime() in your load, you will be able to identify which records come from which source file and/or when that file was last updated. Perhaps this will solve your problem.

LOAD .....

FileBaseName() As Source,

FROM [ftp:...test_*.xlsx]

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
marcus_sommer

Loads per FTP couldn't have wildcards in path or filename. Also functions like filetime() and filelist() won't be supported from ftp-protocoll. But you could generate a full-path in a variable per algorithm or per in-listing. Alternatively you could use a triggered batch-file (execute statement) with e.g. mget --include "*.csv".

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Dear Colin Stuart

Filelist() looks like not a default function as it is shown in red color, i tried with FIlebaseName(), FileName() but neither is working.

Thanks,

Chanel

marcus_sommer

How above mentioned the ftp-protocoll doesn't support any file-functions or wildcards. Also I don't believe that your approach to return a proper filelist for a for each loop will generally work - I haven't seen it yet.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

I understand ftp cannot support wildcards, but i want to load all the files from ftp, which are going to be generated 1 file every day..and these are automatically deleted for 15 days; how can I load these dynamic files from ftp into qlikview ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Chanel Choo,

Did u able to load all files from FTP? if yes, could you please share sample code!!

Thanks,

Praveena