Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharath28
Creator
Creator

RAM & CPU in the system

Hi,

We are going to Install Qlikview Small Business Edition and I need to provide RAM & CPU needed to the admin team.

We have maximum 10 users and less than 10 Qlikview applications and the maximum size of the qvw is approx. 500 MB.

I have come across few formulas to calculate the RAM, however I request some one to suggest me the RAM & CPU that we can be step up in the system based on the above requirement.

Regards,

Bharath

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

The number of users is less important than the number of concurrent users.

if you have 10 applications, and 10 concurrent users, one possibility is that each user works on his/her own application.

A good formula is (per application):

4 x Size of the QVW

Nb of concurrent users x Size of the QVW

So for example, your "big" application of 500 Mb: 2 Go + 5 x 500 Mb if you may have up to 5 concurrent users on that application

If you think that all users may work on their own application, sum up the size of all the applications and multiply that number by 4.

Fabrice

View solution in original post

10 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Not applicable

The number of users is less important than the number of concurrent users.

if you have 10 applications, and 10 concurrent users, one possibility is that each user works on his/her own application.

A good formula is (per application):

4 x Size of the QVW

Nb of concurrent users x Size of the QVW

So for example, your "big" application of 500 Mb: 2 Go + 5 x 500 Mb if you may have up to 5 concurrent users on that application

If you think that all users may work on their own application, sum up the size of all the applications and multiply that number by 4.

Fabrice

vikasmahajan

Please Find attached File.

vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
bharath28
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for your inputs.  I have difficulty understanding your example. Could you please tell mewhat is '2 Go' ?

Regards,

Bharath

Not applicable

Go is french word for Gb (like Mo for Mb)

Fabrice

maxgro
MVP
MVP

There are some good guidelines, I think you already know them from previous suggestions and attachment

I usually start  on my pc  checking  RAM and CPU of the single qvw I have to deploy (when possible but I tkink you can as your qvw are 500 mb) and than follow the guidelines (add RAM for concurrent users of every qvw, sum up the RAM of single qvw taking into account how many will be used at the same time)

bharath28
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I am now working on the disk space to install the Qlikview server. The minimum required space is 1 GB to install the Qlikview server as per System requirement document.

However Please suggest, what could be the disk space that is best for my requirement(Please check my original question).

I assume that the disk space required is only to store the qlikview applications, qlikview server, logs etc.. So, shall I go for around 5 GB?

Thanks !!

Regards,

Bharath

bharath28
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Guys..any input for this one pls.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Simulation with compress ratio 10%, 10 users simultaneous and 5 app with 500mb each

App Memory

5 app x 500 mb =

2500 * 10 ratio =

25000 of RAM to applications

User Memory

10 users * (10% ratio of 25000) =

10 * (2500) =

25000 of user session memory

Total of memory = 50GB

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM