Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

reloading qvw after SQL Database finished it´s tasks

Hi,

I´m basiscaly trying to make my qvw reload start when my datawarehouse is finished with it´s daily load.

I read, that it could work using a .bat file, that common ETL tools would read. After reading through the EDX documentation and some other posts in this forum, I have a rough idea on how the process works, but I´m lacking the code I need to use.

Can u guys give me some insight on what the content of a .bat file needs to be, in order to trigger a reload of said qvw file?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Schedule Tasks

Just create a new task and give it a name - in the Triggers section, work out what schedule you require it to run under (times and frequency etc MAKE sure it's enabled !) - in the Actions tab - click new then browse to the .bat file - in the Conditions tab - select what you require ie allow it run even though you are logged off etc...smae with the Settings tab - click OK, and you're done.

As the task fires off the reload on the QVW - in the QMC you will see the tasks showing the QVW as running...this is how you know it's working correctly from the batch script.

To chain another qvw on the back of it - edit the Reload tab on the QMC (schedule) - and near the bottom where it says On Event from Another Task, select Successful and then in the next drop down, select the QVW that is running from the batch script.

Remember to click APPLY !

Hope that helps !

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

"C:\Program Files\Qlikview\qv.exe" /r "D:\Qlikview Repository\Test\Data Test Reload.qvw"

Save it as a .bat file and you can call it from the Management Console - change the D:\ path name to your qvw and check location of qv.exe

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

This command does reload my qvw, but I can´t start it from the management console.

I have other qvw-loads depending on this first one, so I need a solution, that starts from the management console, so that the the other qvws will be executed when the first one is finished.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

you can synchro the data warehouse and your first qvw

qlikview side

start your qvw

in qvw make a loop

does data warehouse execution finished?

yes --> load data

no--> loop again or if too many time elapsed stop

you can use sleep N; in qlik; N is milliseconds

data warehouse side

when execution ends, flag something (a record in a table, a file, etc.........)

Not applicable
Author

Okay - what I'd do in this case, assuming it's "first to run" would be to run it as a scheduled task from windows.

This can be timed, and I'm pretty sure because it's reloading your QVW, you can then chain the subsequent tasks via Management Console...

Not applicable
Author

Can you tell me the commands for that?

How do I advice another qvw to load?

Not applicable
Author

Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Schedule Tasks

Just create a new task and give it a name - in the Triggers section, work out what schedule you require it to run under (times and frequency etc MAKE sure it's enabled !) - in the Actions tab - click new then browse to the .bat file - in the Conditions tab - select what you require ie allow it run even though you are logged off etc...smae with the Settings tab - click OK, and you're done.

As the task fires off the reload on the QVW - in the QMC you will see the tasks showing the QVW as running...this is how you know it's working correctly from the batch script.

To chain another qvw on the back of it - edit the Reload tab on the QMC (schedule) - and near the bottom where it says On Event from Another Task, select Successful and then in the next drop down, select the QVW that is running from the batch script.

Remember to click APPLY !

Hope that helps !