Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Flipping between multiple charts which have multiple expressions

Hello,

Newbie to QV and am trying to find my way around

Case 1

I have two charts

Chart A which has 3 different expressions built on Measure A  and Dimension Day

Chart B which has 3 different expressions built on Measure B and Dimension Day ( the same as above)

Now I want a user to be able to flip between these two charts in the same view.

Is that even possible - I am on QV 11 if that makes any difference,

Case 2

I have Chart C which displays MTD figures for Measure A with Dimension Day for a chosen month,

Now when the user chooses a quarter - I want to show the Measure A QTD figures with the Dimension Quarter

Now when the user chooses a year - I want to show the Measure A YTD figures with the Dimension Year

I have the three charts separately  - but how do I combine them in one view ?

Would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

What I am trying to do (which was not made clear, sorry) is flip between two different charts that each have multiple expressions.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

No one has an answer ??

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The easiest way is to add your charts to a container object. The user can then easily switch between the charts.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Check this video and see if this helps!

http://qlikshare.com/179/

Thanks,

DV

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert - this solves my Case A.

In Case B - I am using the master calendar (http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-6593) and want to show the appropriate chart.

I tried the Hierarchical Group - doesn't seem to work.

Any thoughts ?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks DV - will check and revert

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can add all expressions to the same chart. Then add expressions for the Conditional option to show/hide the expressions depending on the selections of the user. You can use the getselectedcount() function to check if the user made a selection in a field. To show/hide the YTD expression you could use something like =if(getselectedcount(Year)>0,1,0). If the user selects a value in the field Year then the count will be larger than 0 and the conditional expression will return 1 (i.e. True) so the expression values will be shown in the chart.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand