Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC memory usage breakdown?

Hi,

If QMC, QDS, QV server, QVWS are all on seperate machines, then what could cause the QMC to run at 100% resources consumption. I thought we could face memory issues on QV servers only?

Our QMC has 10 GB ram and sometimes it runs at 100% memory consumption. It is very rare (once a month probably) but I would still like to know what usually causes huge memory and CPU consumption on QMC

Shah

7 Replies
avinashelite

Hi Syed,

Their are several reason for this to state a few:

1.The Amount of  Data your pulling for the dashboards.

2.The SQL Queries performance.

3. The Qlikview script

Not applicable
Author

Are we talking about Qlikview server or QMC? I thought these kind of resource usage are for Qlikview servers and not QMC. Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought that QMC is only for administration and the memories and resources are consumed at Qlikview server during reload?

avinashelite

hey sorry I think i am wrong on this!

QMC memory depends on the number of concurrent task running and the time each task is consuming.

The Qlikview QMC has certain limits on the number of task that can be run at a time if that got exceeds, the QV sever will automatically restart the QMC   

Not applicable
Author

Yes, but we haven't hit that limit. We run almost 10 tasks on parallel most of the time and we rarely reach even half of the ram or CPU. It is sometimes (probably once a month or even less than that) that we reach 100% CPU and ram and when I look at task manager, all the memory is taken by QMC. I would like to know what could cause that

Shah

sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

If you have permitted the users to create server objects then delete all the server objects created by users, disable these feature in QMC and then check the memory utilization.

Regards

Sagar

avinashelite

I think this is because of caching I guess, check this document for more info

Not applicable
Author

It is good practice to run 5 tasks at a time... Check which user is consuming more memory or using high CPU usage..