Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Autonumberhash128 question

Hello

I make a incremental load for a application like describe in the QV documentation. Not for all tables.

But 2 of them are linked by a key using autonumberhash128() function.

So, my qvd with historical data contains a key with the result of autonumber. But my second table creates the key each time with autonumber.

It seems that results of autonumber do not match. But the result of autonumberhash128 is not unique for each string ?

thanks in advance

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I had the same problem. And it looks like all autonumber functions work during current load only. It creates a hidden table for autonumber combination and use rowno() function for new unique combination.

If you have a parallel load or partial load, it's better to use just hash functions like hash128/160/256.

Not applicable
Author

Until the hash gives a duplicate, which will be sunk, leading eventually to a number being off....

After messing with the AutoNumber and QVD load (And there are several articles), method I'll use for now is the ever popular "String Key"

I'll take numbers that work consistantly over:

Hash keys eventually duplicating (No matter how good the hash, it's the point of the hash, after all...)

Autonumber that doesn't handle QVD's (I need AutoNumber(ValueA,'KeyStoreA') to always give the same blasted number, so that I can then join on this key and determine if the "New" record or the QVD record is better in the merge...)

Possibly AutoNumber_Preload(QVDFile,StringKeyValue,AutoNumberValue, "KeyStore") (.\Test1.Qvd, "ValueA_String","ValueA_Key","KeyStoreA") to read/initialize the values already stored and "Seed" whatever internal tables in the same order.  If I remove a record, quite acceptable for the key to be lost and not reused.