Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restrict a user to run QMC tasks

Hello,

We have 3 QlikView Admins who can access QMC.

I'd like to restrict one of the user to be able to manually run only some tasks, not all.  Can this be done?

7 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I don't think this can be done

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

There is the opposite. I mean you can select users who can only run tasks.

The role is called Document Administrator. And you need Publisher license for that.

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply darkhorse. We do have Publisher license and Document Admins, but still want to restrict those admins to run only some tasks.

Not applicable
Author

Not possible I'm afraid, document admin is able to run all tasks

Not applicable
Author

Possible solution: if all the tasks you want restricted user to run is on specific source documents, then you can place all these source documents in a seperate source folder (add a new one in QMC under System/Setup/Distribution Service/General/Source Folders). Add the restricted user as Document Administrator on this Source Folder.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is not really a problem with QlikView.

A QlikView Administrator is exactly that, he can administer the whole of the QlikView service.

A Document Administrator is someone who can be permissioned to administer certain documents and who can not administer the QlikView service.

The role you are trying to establish does not fit into the model and in some ways doesn't make any sense. You are wanting a person who can administer SOME documents and NOT administer others, protecting those documents. But as a QlikView Administrator this person has the permission to do anything with the entire service including for example stop the service or even drop the reference to the folder that contains the documents he is supposedly not able to administer.

You maybe need to reconsider the scope of this role you are trying to define.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I don't agree. It may make sense for some scenarios, for some people. Qlik needs to provide more authorization options on that. It is very limited (2 to be precise).

That's why Qlik Sense has more options administration-wise.

BR

Serhan