Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Share QlikView document, created with leased license personal edition

Hello,

I am using QV v11.20 Personal Edition and I have leased a licesnse from the server. Is it possible to share the documents that I am creating, with users having an unlicensed personal edition of Qlikview?

thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

First a clarification. "Personal Edition" is actually a license, not a software version. Everyone running Qlikview Desktop is using the same software edition, but perhaps different licenses and therefore different privileges with regards to sharing.

A qvw file created by a licensed user may not be opened by a Personal Edition user. PE users may only (theoretically) open qvws created by themselves. There are some workarounds to this limitation, such as using one of the recoveries or clearing the registry. But those workarounds typically are contrary to the license terms and usually have undesirable side effects -- such as making the user's own documents inoperable.

-Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mukesh24
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

You can share your document but issue at time of opening document on another person.(Qlikview Personal Edition may be recover only 3 document otherwise gives error as failed to open)

simsondevadoss
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

If you need to use licensed version application more than 3 times, clear the registry.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

First a clarification. "Personal Edition" is actually a license, not a software version. Everyone running Qlikview Desktop is using the same software edition, but perhaps different licenses and therefore different privileges with regards to sharing.

A qvw file created by a licensed user may not be opened by a Personal Edition user. PE users may only (theoretically) open qvws created by themselves. There are some workarounds to this limitation, such as using one of the recoveries or clearing the registry. But those workarounds typically are contrary to the license terms and usually have undesirable side effects -- such as making the user's own documents inoperable.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

where can i found registry ???

simsondevadoss
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Please use software such as registry cleaner to clean the registry