Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use table value to filter other sheet objects

Hi tried searching for this but can't find exactly what I want. I'm using Qlik Sense and I have a table that has a single dimension of "Business Unit" and a measure of "Total Charges".  I'd like to be able to select a business unit in that table and have other objects (charts and tables) in the same sheet filter by that value.  For example a business unit has multiple cost centers, I'll have another table that would have Cost Center as a dimension and Total Charges as the measure.  When I choose a Business Unit in the first table I'd like the second table to filter the cost centers to be the ones for the chosen business unit.  Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Wayne,

this is pretty much the way QlikView (and Qlik Sense) work when all fields are properly associated. If it doesn't happen in your app, check your data model and verify that the field "Business Unit" is associated to the field "Cost Center".

In order to troubleshoot your data, create a "Table" on your Sense sheet and use "Business Unit" and "Cost Center" as dimensions. See how they are associated to each other.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Wayne,

this is pretty much the way QlikView (and Qlik Sense) work when all fields are properly associated. If it doesn't happen in your app, check your data model and verify that the field "Business Unit" is associated to the field "Cost Center".

In order to troubleshoot your data, create a "Table" on your Sense sheet and use "Business Unit" and "Cost Center" as dimensions. See how they are associated to each other.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Wayne,.

What you describe is a default feature of QlikView/Qlik Sense.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Oleg.  Needed a slight modification to the data model.  Thanks again.