Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView IE plugin and Internet Explorer 11

Hello,

As I read in previous articles here there is a well known problem with Internet Explorer 11 and Qlikview plugin. majority of our users migrated to QV 11 and they are not able to use reports using IE plugin now.

I also migrated from IE9 to IE11 for testing purposes and I am facing same issue. I read that installing plugin version 11.20 SR5 solves this problem (I even installed newer version SR6), but it does only partially, so when I paste the direct link to plugin version of report IE 11 is opening it properly,

The problem is that QV11 Access point is not showing IE plugin as an option to be used to open report. How to fix that? This is pretty  annoying issue... Plugin works fine under IE but employee can't use it without pasting direct link into browser.

BR,

Kuba

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Bump. I'm sure someone faced this issue before...

Not applicable
Author

Facing the same issue, I'm still waiting for Response from Qlik.

The issue seems to be there because of that:

1. QlikView-Server seems not to recognize the Plugin. Microsoft changed the mechanism for Plugin-Detection and I guess that QlikView didn't change it (Cross-browser plugin detection (Windows)).
  2. IE 11 is not recognized as IE by QlikView-Server. QlikView-Server says it's "Firefox" . Microsoft changed the browser identification string which is not recognized correctly by QlikView (Compatibility changes in IE11 (Windows)).

As a workaround I made some changes in accessPoint.js so that QlikView will show the "Internet Explorer Plugin" Option if IE 11 is used, too (even if the Plugin is not installed).

Thomas.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Thomas,

The issue for me was outdated QlikView 11 server. I have installed newest available and everything is working correctly now

BR,

Kuba

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kuba,

thanks for that information. That was the answer vom Qlik Support, too.

After installing QV 11.2 SR 6 it is working correctly now.

Before the installation we had to manually delete the files in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web which were not overwritten by the installation routine. Maybe we did something wrong, I don't know.

Thomas.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

Appreciate if you can explain me what exactly was the change you did to accesspoint.js. I'm trying to get the plugin work with ie11 and server version 11.20 SR2

BR,

Bibin