Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SVG Map Reader - How to deal with drill down ?

Hi,

I'm using this great extension from

Does someone know a documentation or some descriptions about how to setup drill down in map ??

I mean, a World map displayed at startup. When I clic on a country, the matching country map is then displayed. Then the map of the matching province when a province is selected ... etc ??

In other words, how to change the map regarding selection ?

I found the idea to use the "Load SVG Path" parameter with a function like :

=if([country]='US', 'us.svg',if([country]='FR','france_departments.svg','world.svg'))

But in this case, I have to managed all countries ... that's not brilliant !!

And how to change the "Region Id" field then ?? Because, the region ID are different field regaring if it's a country, a province or a town/zipcode. Maybe I could create only one mixing any type of information ?

The next step for me is to try with some macros and variables. The idea is to create an event in case of selection and to associate this event with a macro that will change the value of 2 variables, one for the map and one for the IdREgion, regarding the selection.

I think it would be more rigourous to use data Groups, with a hierarchy group like it's commonly done in this kind of presentation of data.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Many thanks for your help and many thanks to Brian for this great extension !

For information, I'm using Free QlikView Desktop and I can't read any qvw from someone else than me. All the examples from the documentation are empty when I accept to change Id to open them.

Regards,

Gilles

Edit : ...few typing errors !!

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Well ... an idea that I will explore in the next days is to have all RegionId in only one field and then just managed which map to display with a function evaluated in "Load SVG Path" setting. That will be a long function with all countries ...

Does someone has already investigated macro + event + variable to deal with this kind of issue ?

I have too investigate performance matters too ...

Thanks for your help.

Gilles

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Does someone get success to change map and "Region Id" field regarding selection ??

Thanks for your help.

G.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Did you find out how to deal with this issue?

I am having the same problem!

Thanks for your help,

Thiago